Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gen 2-Chapter 4: Till death do us part

The dinner passed smoothly and no one died. I pretty much knew that Adam's sweet kiss goodbye would be the last time I see him until the wedding tomorrow. The rest of the night was a blur and I hardly got any sleep. Soon enough, I was wrestled out of bed by seven women but I kept screaming at them to let me sleep.

"DELLA GET UP! YOUR WEDDING IS IN 8 HOURS!" Oh my gosh. 8 hours. Its 8:30 in the morning and its supposed to be my special day. I should get to sleep in a little. Instead I rolled out of bed grumbling that they always do this to me.

I was swept straight away in oblivion. My moms house was cozy and warm, especially this early in the morning but I still kept falling asleep as Violet was finishing my nails and Liana was doing my eyebrows. My mom popped in about every five minutes to make sure I was awake so that didn't help at all.

She was busy in the kitchen finishing up lunch, we would eat a couple hours before the ceremony, she made all sorts of goodies for the day. I was told at least 5 different times that I wasn't allowed to see Adam until I walk down the aisle so I was grumpy about that too.

They finally let me get a bit of a nap as each of my bridesmaids got their nails and eyebrows done. When I woke up, it was 10:30 Am and the entire house was bustling with sound and was filled with the wonderful fumes of breakfast.

 I ate quickly before making sure all the dresses were accounted for. 5 bridesmaid dresses, 1 maid of honor dress and then there was my dress. The shoes and all the flowers were tagged with names and put into plastic tubs to put in the car to transport to the church.

My hair was done by my mothers small, careful hands as I nibbled on a roll and everyone scrambled to get everything ready. The veil was folded up and placed neatly on the top of the pile, right on top of my dress and shoes. One by one, the girls got their hair done up and curled to perfection and before I knew it, we were all whisked away to the church.

The small space we had to get ready wasn't much but it was enough for me to slip on my dress and my friends to get ready as well. I looked in the mirror as my mom and Vanessa worked together to fix my veil to my head. My dad had been with the boys all day and obviously he's the only one who could travel from room to room. He opened the door slightly and slipped in without hesitation.

The gasp that came out of my dad's mouth sounded nothing like him. "Sweetheart...You look so beautiful.." He caressed my cheek in front of the mirror and pointed in that general direction. "He won't know what hit him when you walk out there. He's gonna be so stunned that he wont remember his own name." I laughed at my father. "Dad, thats not true."
 "Oh but it is!" My mom came by and shooed my dad away so that she could finish makeup and I could help make sure that all the bridesmaids had everything exactly right....

The realization finally hit me around 2:00...in an hour and a half I'll be walking down that aisle behind my best friends and up to my future...and everything was going as planned. What I hadn't planned on was running to the bathroom to throw up...It was only pre-wedding jitters, I'm sure.

"...and everything is in place and ready to go! I think we can go ahead and start." At 3:15...It was getting closer and closer....until the doors swung open and 12 people lined up in front of me...I hid behind the door with my father.
As we waited for the music to start. I looked up at him and said shyly "Dad? what was your wedding like?" He smiled brightly at me, the last few hints of tears that he had been crying washed away. "Me and mom had a very quick wedding, we didn't have a cake or a reception. Your mom meant for it to go that way. We hadn't wanted to wait a second longer then we already did. Every single one of your brothers and sisters showed up and it was a crazy mess. But that's just how your mom is....a mess."

 "So.." I added. "For you to be happy...everything doesn't have to be perfect?"

 "Everything was perfect...for us. Perfect for us is our happiness. We are in love and that's all you need to make a wedding perfect."

He stopped, smiling at me, The music began. Vanessa looked back at me with a grin as Seth led her through the doors. As I followed...my mouth dropped. All the black chairs were covered in red bows and the carpet had been replaced by reflective tile. What impressed me most though, was Adam. Standing alone and smiling...his eyes sparkled in the light and he looked at me like he'd never seen me before.


The wedding party takes its place and Collette drops whole roses on the floor in front of me. When I looked up through the veil, Adam was staring at me...He looked the happiest I've ever seen him. And as the entire crowd stood up and the music started playing, my dad led me down the aisle. step by step. Inch by inch. It seemed like Adam was miles away and I have never felt so far from him until the second I stepped up to him.
My dad let go of my hand and kissed my cheek.
 "I love you sweetheart..." Everyone sat down and the music ended as pastor Mike stood up in front of us. I stared at Adam and my cheeks flushed pink.

 "Who gives this woman to this man in marriage?" Pastor Mike boomed over the audience.
 "Her mother and I do." My dad placed my hand in Adams and kissed my cheek one more time. He then went and sat down beside my mom.

"We are gathered here today in the presence of God to witness and celebrate the union of Adam Chandler Langly and Della Eve Wriner. today you are surrounded by your friends and family, all of whom have gathered here to witness your marriage and to share in the joy of this special occasion."

"Today, as you join yourselves in marriage, there is a vast and unknown future stretching out before you. The possibilities and potentials of your married life are great; and now falls upon your shoulders the task of choosing your values and making real your dreams.

"Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life." I smiled and placed my other hand into Adams while mouthing "You look nice." He just smiled and listened to Pastor Mike talk.

"Today you enter as individuals, but you will leave here as husband and wife, blending your lives, expanding your family ties, and embarking upon the grandest adventure of human interaction. The story of your life together is still yours to write. Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other.

"Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years, May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth, Amen"

****Adam**** 

I was too shocked to say anything...My mind was drawing blanks and I just prayed that I could remember my vows...Della looked stunning. Like a star glistening in the heavens...I hadn't expected this much out of the dress that her mother had made her...but here it was. She was standing in front of me, giving me her hand and her life in marriage.

My thoughts were soon cut off by "Do you, Adam Chandler Langly, take Della Eve Wriner as your wife? promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"
 I looked my beautiful bride in the eye and said clearly and loudly..."I do."

The words were repeated to Della. "Do you, Della Eve Wriner, take Adam Chandler Langly as your husband? promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"
Her voice rang through the hall as she said, tilting her head and a sparkle in her eye, "I do!" I squeezed her hand, it was a nurturing gesture but one to show her that I'm right here and not a ghost. "The bride and groom will now saw their own vows which they have written."

I wanted this to be intimate, so i grabbed Della by the waist and pulled her close to me so I could look straight into her eyes as I said these words to her...

"Della, it took me a long time to write these vows." I looked over at Vanessa and Kalyn who's faces were covered in tears, Della was starting at me with a look of pure bliss
  "A lot of crumbling paper and tossing into the trashcan. I'm sure you know by now that I'm not very good with words. The first time I saw you, I was scared to talk to you because of how beautiful you are...I have been struck silent every day since by not only your beauty but also your spirit and how much love you can give. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you...I promise to always be there for you, to shelter and hold your love as the most precious gift in my life. I will be truthful and honor you. I will care for you always and stand by you in times of sorrow and joy...And I tell you this from my heart...although it is April fools day...I'm not kidding when I say that no force on earth could ever tear me from yo..."

 ****Della****
When the last words left his lips, a few tears glistened down my cheek but no one saw. The only one who noticed, was Adam who had his arms around my waist and our noses were pressed together....

 "I almost can't believe that I'm here..." I started, reading from my mind the exact words that I wrote on that paper. "Because people like you are only real in dreams and in fairy tales. The entire time I've known you, everything in my life has been so perfect and beautiful...even when you were only my friend. loving what I know of you, and trusting what I don't yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the man you will become, and falling in love a little more each day.
I will cherish our marriage and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward."

I finished, still locked in a tight embrace with Adam. Pastor Mike took the pillow holding both the rings and started again. We broke apart and looked up at him.
 "You have for each other a golden ring. This most precious of metals symbolizes that love is the most precious element in your life together. The ring has no beginning and no ending, which symbolizes that the love between you will never cease. You place these rings upon each others fingers as a visible sign of the vows which, this day, have made you husband and wife."

Adam picked up the engraved ring and as he placed in on my finger said "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. As it encircles your finger, may it remind you always that you are surrounded by my enduring love."

I looked at the ring that read in gold letters "Never to part." and picked up his, placing it on his finger and repeating his words "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. As it encircles your finger, may it remind you always that you are surrounded by my enduring love."

"Adam, you may now kiss your gorgeous bride!" I smiled at him as he pulled me in for our first kiss as husband and wife. "Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you...Mr. and Mrs. Adam Langly!" Adam smiled mischievously at me before sweeping me into his arms and carrying me down the aisle.

Giggling like a child, he carried me outside and sat me down on my feet on the sidewalk. When we got into the limo, I about burst into tears. I was so happy, I think that this is the happiest I've ever been in the longest time.
 He kissed me again and then pressed his lips to my ears. "How do you feel...Mrs. Langly?"
Exactly how I look! Adam, this was amazing...Thank you."
"For what sweetheart?" He said pushing my hair back from my forehead. "For making this one of the greatest days of my life."

 ************ 

Vanessa lifted up her glass, she was shouting above the crowd that had gathered in the wedding hall.

"Everybody, I'd like to say a few words...I've known Della since she was born. I still remember the day her mom had her and her twin brother. I just thought 'wow guys, more kids. I bet these will be as cute as the others!', but Della was possibly the cutest baby I had ever seen. Her big blue eyes capture everyone's hearts and trap them... and here she is getting married after finishing a baby challenge just like her mother and getting married to the man of her dreams. I still remember when I told her not to let this crush go too far or she'd get hurt..and look at her, not listening to me and getting married.
Della is a true blessing in my life. Without her, I doubt I would have finished my challenge. She's the best friend anyone could ask for, but she's a complete idiot too. Good luck, Adam. May the odds be ever in your favor. So here's to the happy couple who are madly in love. I wish the best in life for you both! I love you guys."

She sat down and finished up her glass of wine when Seth, Adam's best man, stood up. He was eyeing Kalyn when he started.
"Atomic Bomb! Couldn't get the ladies in Jr High, failed in high school. The only girl who would go near this loser was his sister." Seth clapped him on the shoulder. "But look at him now, with one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen and actually happy. May your many years bring you a hundred babies!" He barked with laughter and sat back down.

The knife cut easily through the wedding cake. Through the frosting and decorations. When I got a nice good chunk a smeared it on his face saying "Hope you like red velvet!" He did the same to me but right on my forehead where I couldn't lick it off. We could have started a whole food fight but we decided to calm it a little. While everyone helped themselves to cake, we washed off in the bathroom.

Adam pulled me to the dance floor when the music started to play over the loudspeaker..."Everybody! Its time for the bride and groom to share their first dance." As a slow lonestar song came on, I felt my heart melt into Adam's hand...

"Every time our eyes meet, the feeling inside me is more than I can bear."

He spun me around and held me close, his body was warm as always, so comforting and strong.

"Don't know how you do what you do....I'm so in love with you.."

The song kept playing as we danced and danced, I hoped that it would never end...It was perfect moment. But as the song came to a cease, I felt myself wanting more an more. But he let go and we walked hand in hand back to the table.

When we got back, I felt horrible. I ran to the bathroom and threw up all the cake that I ate...Dawn knocked on the door saying "Della? are you alright?"
I groaned and said "I'm fine...Would you tell Adam to come in here?"
her response was a pair of clicking heels and soon after, another knock. "Della? whats wrong?" I opened the door and let him in. "Adam?" I started and almost chickened out but before I said anything else, I said it.

"What happened after the party the other night?" His thinking face took over, and then a look of horror crossed his face as he remembered..."You aren't....are you?" I bit my lip and a flashback of the night of the party flashed into my head....

I can remember everything...I remember Adam pulling me close and we laid down on my bed, I remember him slowly unbuttoning my shirt and the rest is really more of a blur...but I'm not stupid...I know what happened...

"Oh god..." I grabbed onto his shirt. "I'm pregnant."

19 comments:

  1. OMG!! A baby!!! :3 Congrats! Too bad you couldn't enjoy your first night together on your honeymoon. But oh well...WEEE A BABY!!! I'm so glad I could be at the wedding and witness Della and Adam's big day! :3 It was a beautiful ceremony!

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEK I KNOW! Genration 3 is going to be born soon! I'm so excited and so ready for this! <3 Oh they'll still enjoy their first night ;) Don't worry about that...
      EEEEEE BEBE!
      I'm happy you could be there too <3 Thanks bunches for letting me use Dawn :D
      Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh that was soooo good yaaaay a baby:3, can't wait to see what happens next - melody Allison xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3
      Yus! a bebe :D I'm excited for this baby...I hope you are too...oh, next is the fun part :D

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh I can't wait to see the baby!!

    Aww the wedding was Amazing :)
    Great Job Della :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either!

      Thanks <3 It took a LONG time to write and I can't believe that I got it done when I did <3 I'm sure glad you enjoyed it though :D

      Delete
  4. GENERATION THREEE! The wedding was beautiful. I love the Adam and Eve title :) Della is beautiful, my opinion is that born in game sims are FAR more beautiful than sims created in CAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! EEEEEEEEKKKK <3 Thank you :D
      Hahah Llama made it for me and I love it :DDDDD
      Aww thank you :3 I agree, I really love Della. She is all natural beauty too <3333 Born in game sims ARE more beautiful. Just look at Wisdom ;)

      Delete
  5. A Baby!!!! Yippie. What a beautiful wedding. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

    Hugs Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I'm excited for de bebe :D HEHEHHEHE
      Aww no problem :)

      Delete
  6. Has Adam's hair always been that color? o_o
    The wedding was beautiful, congratulations. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes XD It's been that color the whole time.
      Thank you :3

      Delete
    2. I never noticed the green in it. xD I'm so unobservant.

      Delete
    3. I don't think anyone noticed it XD Maybe the light brought it out because you're the third person to ask me if I changed his hair. XD I thought putting it in Ronnie and Andria's hair would be a dead giveaway but still...No one noticed XD

      Delete
  7. OMG!!!! I loved everything!!!!! The wedding was awesome and me me cry. Another baby Yay!!! I never noticed the green in Adam's hair before.

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! <3 I'm glad you loved it! It took so much time to do <33333333
      Awww! You cried? I did too....
      Not just another baby! Della and Adam's first baby :33333333
      I've heard that from a few people. I think that its the lighting of the church that brought out the green. If you take a look up at my banner you can see it there too. And that picture was taken for baby 100 :)

      Delete
  8. OMGosh!! A wedding and a baby...love it!

    ReplyDelete