Friday, March 30, 2012

Gen 2- Chapter 3: Its all falling together

I stood in front of the mirror, my mom redoing the hem on the silk dress that was flowing through her hands. I stared at myself, my hair was done up in a bun with a veil hanging down my back. It was only a test run on the entire outfit, but I felt very bridal in only the veil...it was the weirdest feeling in the world. It almost seemed as though centuries went by before she unhooked dress from the machine and cut the last string.

As the smooth dress was slipped over my head, I had a weird sensation. It only got worse when I stared at myself in the mirror. My mom fixed the bottom one more time and then set it down with a sigh. "What do you think?" She said, tears welling up in her eyes. "Mom...this is...Amazing." Was all that I could say about the shimmering dress that gathered around my feet. I was stunned silent, I was absolutely thrilled. This dress was exactly what I had been looking for when I asked my mom to make me a dress...She had done it again.

My dad had been wondering around the hall of his house for the past 15 minutes, waiting until we called him in. "Jay...You should come in now..." He walked in the room about a minute later and I saw his mouth drop in the mirror, he about started to cry along with my mom. "Stop you guys..." I said, my mascara starting to smear. "You're making me cry." My mom and dad hugged each other and then me, before we shooed him out of the room and I got dressed.

My dad came back in about 5 minutes later and we all got a picture together. "Dad," I whispered into his ear. "There's only 10 days until you'll be walking me down the aisle." "Wanna hear something?" He whispered back. "I have a little gift for you, but you can't have it until April 1st." I punched him in the shoulder, a little bit too used to this to be surprised. "Why do you always do this to me? get me excited and then tell me I have to wait." I huffed and pulled all my stuff together, the dress on a hanger, in a bag, hung over my shoulder and ready for Sunday.


It wasn't long before my friends pulled me out of my moms house and on the street.
We walked to a small shop called "The bridal boutique." the girls seemed pretty inept on going into this shop. When I saw the place, I laughed. so many dresses, brides and bridesmaid dresses, along with veils and rings and everything you could ever ask for. "Today is a full out planning day then?" I asked, examining a beautiful ring pillow. "YES!!" All 7 of the girls rang in unison. Kalyn pulled me over to a rack of bridesmaid dresses that were all black and red. "We had the store owner put out some dresses for you to look at! And we all decided that I would be the monkey to try them on."
She smiled as I pulled a short dress off the rack and handed it to her saying. "Try this one, you monkey!" She laughed and I took my seat on a bench to see how it looks.

Kalyn came out looking sexy in fishnet leggings and the short dress I gave her, she had her bouquet of flowers in her hand and a huge one on her head. everyone put up no signs including me, this wasn't the type of thing I wanted at my wedding. I went back over and picked out something a little more formal. Kalyn looked at me with a look of almost pure satisfaction. I have a feeling she was the one to vote herself "Monkey of the day."

When she came out in the second dress, I almost died. It looked so gorgeous and on Kalyn, it was divine. I almost said yes when Amber suggested that we try on just a couple more before we decide on one all together. I really loved this dress, but the lacy one that Liana pulled off the rack caught my attention as well

We went through about 3 more dresses when Nessa pulled one off the rack along with Kalyn and they both ran into the dressing rooms. "How about these Dells?" Vanessa's was black with a red underskirt and Kalyn's was red with a black underskirt. I about died with excitement saying "That's the dress!" I almost fell over but Violet and Amber grabbed my arm saying "Settle down Della..." I paid for the 6 dresses to be delivered to my house, I also purchased a veil and a ring pillow.

An hour later we sat around the fire in my backyard, talking and reminiscing about the way we met. We talked about how the wedding day would go and how cute Adam was. Then we talked about Vanessa's boyfriend and how so many people were getting married around the same time, including Wisdom, Violet's daughter. She tied the knot on Monday the 26th.

The spring air was cold as it blew in my face. The fire was hot which gave the cold wind a little twist. I looked up to see Amber and Vanessa whispering something to each other. It was 5 seconds before they all ganged up on me. Someone had come behind me and covered my eyes. "Adam, come get her." Kalyn called giggling profusely. "You people are insane!" I screamed as I was swept off my feet and Adam said from below me. "Oh just calm down."

"Adam! Put me down." I wriggled and flicked his back. He sat me down and I heard a car door slam. 6 girls piled in that car and one of them held my hands behind my back so I couldn't tear away the cloth over my eyes. "Guys!" I started to giggle as well and it just got worse when I heard Adam's smiley voice say "You girls have fun now. I'll have my phone if you need me."

 The entire car ride, I was being prepped up. A couple times I had hands messing around with my hair and I had been redressed in what felt like a short party dress.

When the blindfold was finally taken away..all my friends were standing there ready to party. "Welcome to your bachlorette party!" They screamed, holding out their hands to the club that we were standing outside of. I almost screamed at them. I was so confused on the way here that I could have killed them, but now I was laughing with surprise. The club was raided by my bridal party. It was pretty much empty other than us but we couldn't keep Kalyn away from the bar.

It wasn't five minutes before Kalyn came up to me while I was dancing, asking for Adam's number. "Doood! We should...should prank call Addddam." She had a little sing-songy tone to her voice.
I had giggled to much to answer her and before I knew it, she was pulling out her phone saying "Uh...Helloooorrr?" Kalyn screamed into the phone. "DIDJA ORDER 100 POUNDS OF CHOCOLATE SAUCE?"
 "Kalyn." Adam said from the other line..."I hope you know that I stole your number from Della's phone." I stole the phone from her right as I sat down the glass of the drink I had just finished. I could hear music pulsing from the other side of the phone... "Adam? I'm sorry about her." I could tell my voice was a little slurred but not nearly as much as Kalyn's. "And tell your friends that I say hiii." There was the first real drunk moment of the night...

Hours were passed by just dancing and drinks. The real surprise of the night came around one AM when I was lounging on the couch with a drink and my girls around me. Adam burst through the door with 6 other men saying "Did someone order a band of dancers?" My drink hit the floor as I stood up and knocked it over. "Just thought I'd surprise you." He winked and danced with me a little. "Adam," at this point I was laughing my brains out. "You're drunk." "Well, so are you, sweetheart." He dipped me and I saw Adam's friends raiding the bar.

"Why can't I believe that Atomic Bomb is getting married?" one of his friends who Adam addressed as "Seth" asked . "Because he could never get the girls in high school. It's one of the reasons we call him 'Atomic bomb'" all 6 of the guys laughed and Adam rolled his eyes at his annoying drunk friends.

Adam and I conjoined parties just like that. Vanessa had decided to pick on him and threw a KTHXBYE all over his head. I thought I was next because Nessa was headed my way with another glass and a mischievous look on her face. What she didn't know was that Adam was behind her, he grabbed her and started dragging her towards the pool. I snorted as I yelled "ADAM! LEAVE NESSA ALONE!!"

I was already too late by the time I got outside, she was in the pool and he was laughing his ass off. "That's for being a pest!" I jumped on his back and he fell into the pool too, with me hooked to him. I came up for air but he dragged me back down and met me at the bottom with a kiss. Adam ended up being thrown in the pool at least 10 times before the night was over. He ended up throwing me and each of my bridesmaids in at least once. His friends stayed clear of the pool for their own safety.

 Before I knew it, I was at home. Cuddled up on my bed asleep with the TV on and bottles covering the floor. Tomorrow was the day before April first which meant that I had dinner with both me and Adam's parents and our entire wedding party. And I would be hungover along with Adam and all my bridesmaids and his groomsmen.

I trudged through the house, picking up bottles and clothes as I walked through.
Collette was in her room singing something that I had never heard before.

"I wear your colors my dear, till your standing right here..."

"Collette?" I said pushing open the door. She was dressed up in a beautiful dress that I recognized from my childhood, she was spinning around in front of a mirror while Asa slept soundly in his bed. "Sweetie? what do you think about wearing that in Mommies wedding tomorrow and throwing flowers on the floor?" She squealed and ran up to me saying "REALLY MOMMY?! You'd let me wear my favorite dress in you and Daddy Adam's wedding?"

"Of course!" I said sweeping the small girl into my arms. "You want to look pretty and that dress is really pretty!" She kissed my nose and jumped out of my arms screaming to Asa. "WAKE UP! I'M GONNA BE IN MOM'S WEDDING!"

I chuckled as I walked out of the room and straight into Shiloh who was watching everything. She gave me a smile and flipped her hair, about to get on her way to school. "See you tonight." was all that she said on her way down the stairs.
I knew she had been visiting her sisters grave lately. I wasn't stupid. Her down mood and how her attitude had changed. I have been paying a lot of attention to the wedding and not as much to her and she needed me right now...I vowed that after this was all over...me and Shiloh would reconnect and bond again.

It took me longer than necessary to clean up the house, the party must have moved here after the grind closed because there were all sorts of things on the floor.
As soon as I was done picking things up, I sat down to finish up my vows... It didn't take me long because everything I wanted to say just came so naturally and flowed from my brain into the pen and onto the paper. I can truly say that I've never been so in love.

I was astounded at how fast the day went. I wasn't ready to meet Adam's parents in fear of being judged by them...I hoped with all my heart that they didn't think I was some wrench or something, taking their son...But when I walked in that house, I was greeted by a warm hug. Pippa looked much better and if I could have believed that she was never sick at all, I would have.

So many people were stuffed into that small house that it took me 30 minutes to make it past both of Adam's brothers and all three of his sisters. I can tell you that the look of shock on Adam's face when he walked in this house....was going to be monstrous.

Andria, Chantal, Pippa, Adonis, Austin and both of his parents. All in one room and from what I've heard...this hasn't happened in awhile.

"Madam," Adonis said, kissing my hand and kneeling to his knees. "My brother is one lucky guy. You're freaking gorgeous." I laughed as Austin stole my hand from him and kissed it as well. "Austin, mademoiselle." I concluded soon after this that both of these boys were giant flirts.

Andria looked exactly like she did the last time I saw her, besides her short cropped hair and attitude. She didn't even say hi, she just stood in the corner with her arms crossed like nothing was happening while all of Adam's family accepted me into their home.

"Della, I couldn't think of anyone better for our son to be with." Ronnie laughed while handing me a plate of food. "We've heard stories about your challenge...You're a very ambitious and brave to take on something like that. I just can't help but like you." Jancie, who looked so much like Adam that I couldn't believe my eyes, watched his wife with caring eyes as she served food to her children while we waited for my parents and Adam.

About 10 minutes later, Adam walked in. Trailed by 6 men. But when he was attacked by his whole family...he was shocked into silence.
"Della?" He asked coming up to me after being greeted by every single sibling...this time including Andria and his parents. "Did you do this?"
"I thought I'd surprise you!" I used the same tone of voice that he used last night when he showed up at the bar. "It took me forever to round them all up, but here they are."

17 comments:

  1. WOW, great post, I'm pumped for the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Vi, i'm super pumped!
    It's so nice of you to get all his family
    I liked our dresses and the party XD looked so fun!
    Can't wait for the next chapter :)

    Liana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pumped too!
      Aw, Well Adam deserved it <3
      I loved that part XDD The party was my favorite
      Me either <3

      Delete
  3. awesome post! cant wait til the wedding!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks slightly concerned. Ugh I hope there isn't something bad about to happen. Loved the update Dells. Can't wait to see the wedding.

    Hugs
    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry XD That was just the look that the game gave him. Nope. nothing bad, I hope ;)
      Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete
  5. Awesome post!!! Adam looks concerened uh oh! Can't wait for the wedding!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait I already commented on thisw before. oh well!

      ~Zoe~

      Delete
    2. He does but thats just the way that it made him look XD Haha, its okay. You can comment more than once :)

      Delete