Monday, March 19, 2012

Gen 2-Chapter 1: Learning to transition.

My moms house was full. It was impossible to get a second of alone time. The bathroom is filled with children playing with the mirror and the living room was bustling with noise. My mom sat in the middle of it all and that's where she tried to put me. I refused to be this sort of center of attention...I didn't want people to congratulate me on being a whore my whole life.

Of course, this wasn't just an "Embarrass the crap out of Della by all screaming 'HAPPY BABY 100' at the same time" But it was also...an engagement party for me and Adam. Adam hadn't known that...so of course, he came an hour after I did. I had found a hiding spot in the closet. I could be alone and my headache could subside. Vanessa was also about an hour late and as she walked in, another chorus of "HAPPY BABY 100!" Rang through the air. I just stayed in my spot. I'm sure that no one had noticed my absence.

I rocked back and forth in my little closet. I was happy, finally alone. I hadn't been given time to think since the twins were born and it was upsetting. I settled with my back to the wall. I was on the brink of sleep when I heard someone bustling up the stairs. It was a woman, I could tell by the sound of the heels walking towards the closet door. The girl opened the door and I was staring into a pair of blue eyes.
"Umm," Andria said."Hi."
 "Andria?" I questioned, my eyes showed the surprise on my face and she just shook her head...

"Thats close." she whispered "I shouldn't be here" She turned around and took off down the stairs. She turned to go when she just disappeared.
No where to be seen..and now I was halfway down the stairs. Violet ran up to catch me saying "Della! We've been looking for you. Come on" I was yanked down the stairs and pushed into Adam's arms. He looked at me in a funny way and said "Not enjoying yourself?" I sighed and hugged onto him "I'm not feeling very comfortable with all of this"
 "Well?" He whispered pulling away "Lets go home"

An hour later, we were home and my babies were growing. They persuaded me to age Cassie and Penny up twice. so that they could move out with Liana. All three girls are beautiful. They stood by each other waiting for me to take the picture. It was almost too hard because my head was still killing me but I still got a gorgeous picture of my oldest girls who are moving out into the world on their own.

Shiloh aged up with them, but instead of becoming an adult...So now, a teenage Shiloh graced our presence in the house. She's curious and adventurous. And I can't believe how gorgeous she is. I was excited that one of my last children had my moms hair...It truly is a more dominant gene.

Collette and Asa only aged up once, I couldn't skip over the cutest and most innocent years of their lives. I had so much to teach them. They needed to learn and I couldn't keep them from having a good future that was based on their childhood. Asa had light brown hair and brown eyes while Collette had my hair and the same chocolate eyes as her twin brother.

As soon as Collette and Asa were down for their much needed naps. I went into the kitchen to start breakfast. As I was chopping up the ingredients, Adam came up behind me. "We need a date, you know?" His casual hinting made me smile "A date for what?" I said looking over my shoulder "What do you think?" he opened the fridge and pulled out the carton of milk and pouring himself a cup. "Well...I was thinking..."I started..

Looking over at him, he was staring at me. Those purple eyes of his bore into me..."April first?" I finished about a minute later. "April first it is. I'll go call the church." He pulled out his phone when I stopped what I was doing and pulled on his jacket. "Church? You sure you wanna get married in a church?" I hoped I didn't sound desperate but I've always pictured myself in a park at sunset or something.

"Do you not want to get married in a church?" He almost looked hurt "I just assumed that you would want that."
 "Its not the church, Adam. Its the idea of the dream not being exactly how..." I cut myself off. This was stupid! He noticed that I was struggling with myself and he grabbed my arm saying "Why don't we just go see the church first and if you don't like it...we can look some place else?" I nodded and he pulled his phone out again, dialing a number that I didn't know.

"Cute knees!" I screamed at Adam from the trampoline. The happy look on his face turned sour and he turned around mumbling "That's it, I'm changing." "No! No no no" I said jumping off the trampoline and standing in front of him "You really do look adorable!" I kissed his nose "Come jump with me" "I have a better idea..." Adam pulled me into his arms and took off.

"Where are we going?" I said as he walked across the yard with me in his arms "Somewhere." I rested in his arms until he sat me down on my butt...on a brand new motorcycle. "We're gonna go for a ride." He said throwing his leg over the bike. He pulled out of the driveway and as the wind started to blow through my hair, I remembered this sensation.

It was always so amazing. I loved my bike when I was a teenager and I would drive one now if I had the money. Evidently Adam did because this bike looked like it just came out of the shop. It had a bow on the back seat and everything.

I was thoroughly enjoying the ride, that is, until we pulled up to my moms house and he kicked me off saying "Gotcha! You're mom wants to help you with some planning." He knew that I was a little hesitant about planning due to the church dilemma. I scowled at him as he revved up and rode away.

I walked inside my moms house, I didn't really want to talk about the wedding right now. I knew the date was coming close though so I had to do somethings. so in the house I go. My mom was at the table with a bunch of things surrounding her. That's when I realized that she was ready for me. she knew I was coming and she was going to put this thing together for me...one way or another.
I found myself in the chair next to her, pointing out themes that I like. Telling her my favorite foods, giving her names of people that I want to be there. Telling her exactly what I want.

 "So, I want a small but elegant wedding...Adam wants it in a church. I want it in a park or at the beach. We have an appointment tomorrow to go see the church...but I've never pictured myself in a church wedding"

"Give it a chance" Was all she said while scribbling names on a yellow pad. She looked up at me, her eyes shining with happiness. She had planned weddings before but not for the heir of her 100 baby legacy.

"Mom?" I said softly, touching her arm. "Will you make my wedding dress?"

Her face went blank before her eyes filled with tears and she stood up, pushing her chair back and pulling me into a very tight hug.
 "You...." She said "Have no idea how much this means to me"
 "I think I do" I grinned to myself. An idea popping into my head...she wants to help so badly that I would give her this. She looked at me after letting out of the hug and said "What kind of dress do you want?"
"Well," I started, letting my imagination take over the image. "It has to be extravagant...absolutely stunning and heart stopping. Perfect white...maybe..." I whispered. "An outstanding bow? something to really give it flare."
She took a quick look at the calender saying "We have 2 weeks....I'll get it done by then."

Adam came back by to pick me up, but he went inside as I was going outside. I stood in the door as he talked to my parents.
  "I know you two are probably pretty confused about...Well about what I did. But if you know Della at all then you'll know that...I had to. Now I'm here to ask you for your daughters hand in marriage. I know I should have asked you the other night...But I wanted it to be private."

 If you could have seen the look on my parents faces, you would have believed that they were looking at their own son who just told them that he made honor roll. My dad patted Adam's back and said "We give our blessing." while my mom was sitting there crying again.

*-*-*-*-*-*---*-*-*-*-*-*-*- 


"Sit down." A simple command that even most dogs follow. these two words were the only ones currently giving me hell. I had been sitting here for almost 3 hours and I was tired.
 I felt like a child getting up and walking around only to be yelled at. "Cmon Della, we've gotta get this done." The only thing running through my mind was how tired I was of writing the same message over every card that sat in front of me.
 "Thank you for the gifts." was the basic gist but Adam had me writing a book on these things. "If you don't act sincere," He said, jotting down another 300 words. "Then how is anyone to know that you really are?" "Well, I could just say thank you in person. I would get a lot more sincere then these things make me sound." "Stop grumbling. You're not gonna die. We only have 3 left"

 I was about to blow when Adam finally dismissed himself for the bathroom. I sprinted for the kitchen for a juice box and time away from those wretched thank you cards. I was back up to the table finishing off the last card by the time he got back.

The house was quiet, no little feet running around playing. I didn't feel right not bringing a new child into the house. It had become so natural to me. Everything now is just so weird and blurry...I don't know what to do. I need someone to teach me how to transition from this. I know what I need to do....But that will have to wait until after April 1st.

Thank you for reading :D I'm happy about the actual structure I had on this post even though I didn't have a baby to back it. I'm hoping you'll comment and maybe pass on the good word to your friends...Wedding is April fools day ;)

15 comments:

  1. this was awesome della!@ I loved it. I cant wait to see how everything turns out:3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! <3 It'll all turn out perfect <3

      Delete
  2. Awe poor Della, everyone bugging her about the wedding plans. Don't worry she'll get through this and have a beautiful wedding and a wonderful husband. :D Great post, and I can't wait until April 1st. :3

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're trying to help...but Della doesn't really like that much, she is independent like always :) Wants to do everything on her own :D
      This wedding is going to be epic and beautiful...I hope anyway :D
      I can't wait until April 1st either <3 I'm so excited for it!!!!

      Delete
  3. Poor Della! Everyone just bugging her ,but she'll get through this. I can't wait till April 1st. weird that is only 10 days before my birthday. Anyway great post!!!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) She'll get over it...she just really doesn't want any help! That's just my Della <3

      I can't wait either! <3 Its going to be great...
      I'll be sure to wish you a happy birthday :D

      Delete
    2. thanks but you don't have to

      ~Zoe~

      Delete
    3. Yup I want to see Della plan her own wedding

      ~Zoe~

      Delete
    4. Well, you know :P I could if you wanted me to.
      Della is going to plan the wedding, she's just going to be helped a little by her mom. She cant deny her that...Della A wants to help a lot and that's why she asked her to make the dress <3

      Delete
  4. WOOT WOOT April first... Della ignore them and plan the best wedding ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D YUUUUUSS! That's EXACTLY what Della's gonna be doing <3

      Delete
  5. Wow April 1st is coming fast. I can't wait to see the dress Della A. comes up with. You and Adam are going to be so happy. Can't wait for the next update.


    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you <3 Della A has an eye for pretty things so I'm sure whatever she comes up with will be gorgeous :3
      I can't wait for April 1st. it is coming fast, but I can do it!
      Next update should be out soon <3

      Delete