Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gen 2- Chapter 8: Wait....what?!

"DELLA! Get with the program!" I twisted the my spine in order to pop my back but Vanessa didn't like my defiance much. "Let your legs taste the sunrise. Inhale...Exhale. Lift that butt off the ground and let it slowly extend your legs upwards."

"And may the odds be ever in your favor!" I said sarcastically... I was well on my way to getting a butt kicking.

"Sexy ass!" I yelled at Kalyn from where I was working out. "Shut up, Della." She squealed at me, focused on her position with her legs lifted high in the air. "No really. Your butt is so freaking tight it ain't funny."

"So, remind me...When did you become a lesbian?" Vanessa joked thorough a stiffed yawn. "Because we should really tell Adam before its too late."

 "Omg. I'm being hit on by a married woman!"

 "Both of you, shut up!" they didn't listen...they just went on making fun of me. I don't mind...I'll get them back someday!

I stood up and took a new position right as Adam came up behind me and put his arms around me. "Hey beautiful.." He said to me. He looked over at Kalyn and Vanessa and said "Hey sullen and hostile!" and waved like he hadn't just ripped on them. "Do you girls want breakfast?" He laughed as both the girls assumed a new facial expression.
"I'll make breakfast as long as you tell me where the poison is." Vanessa glared and made a little gun with her hand, pointing it at Adam and pretending to shoot.

"Dude, what's it like to be surrounded by girls all the time?" Seth asked from the dining room where he was enjoying his coffee.
"It's new." Adam called back. "But it's different when one of them is your wife and the other is your daughter, not that you'd know that...Mr. Jump around from girl to girl."

 "You've known me since high school...I'm not one to want to settle down with a woman and kids."

 "I wasn't either. But when you find the one you're meant to be with...It's like seeing the sun for the first time."

"You've become such a softie. The Adam that I knew before Della...He was the dude..Even if he couldn't pick up a girl if it saved his life."

 "I haven't become a softie...I just stopped being so stubborn. I was honestly tired of being alone. I'm still the same old Adam you knew back then. I'm the same old Adam you've known since. I'm just married now..."

"Whatever you say sir." He put his cup back to his lips and the conversation was finished, just like that.

"Okay, Ande. Sweetheart...Say mommy." I can't explain the look on her face. It was just so defiant and as looked at me and says "Daddy."

"No. We know you can say daddy...now say mommy!"

 "Daddy!" She giggled, gently rocking back and forth as her musical laughter filled the room and her voice turned to liquid as she said "Daddy is my best fwend!"
 I give up. If she was going to be stubborn then I give up..."Adam. Come teach your daughter how to walk."

"So, you just stand up like this...and then...yes...that's it!" Adam cheered as Ande took her first steps across the kitchen while I was cleaning up the last few plates from dinner. I couldn't help but be jealous. Ande loved Adam more than she loves me...It was an unsettling thought but I'd have to get over it sooner or later. It would be hard...Due to me having the unconditional love of all of my children during my challenge.

"Adam...Would you put her to bed? I'm gonna tell Nessa and Kalyn goodbye." He nodded and picked her up, taking her to her room.

"I love you guys!" I said, hugging my two best friends in the whole world. "Don't forget me in your sunset valley...."

"only if you don't forget us on your perfect island with your perfect husband and your adorable little Ande." I almost started to cry..I knew I wouldn't get to see these two again until before Vanessa's wedding. I knew there was always Skype and the phone but it just wasn't the same...

Adam and Seth said their goodbyes and before I knew it, we were sitting on the couch together watching the news. "I think I have a problem.." I said, my heart sinking at what I was about say. "Is it me?!" Adam's eyes got big and his voice got defensive and high as if I was saying that I didn't want to be with him anymore.

 "No, sweetie.." a tiny laugh escaped my lips but was gone just as fast as it appeared. "It's Ande..She just doesn't seem to like me at all."

 "Aww," He kissed my nose sweetly and whispered "Is someone jealous?"

"Well...Kinda. Whenever I hold her, she asks for you. Whenever I feed her or change her diaper...She asks for you."

"Della...she loves you to death! You just don't see it...when she's in your arms she smiles like sunshine. She asks for you when she's with me and I promise that no matter what, she'll always love you."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because you're the perfect mother.."

*************************

The hue of the night was peaceful. Not even the birds were singing outside but the cool air had a warmish feel to it that made it feel bipolar.
Of course, this observation came only from me and I was inside, wrapped in a blanket with the window open. I had liked the feel of the wind on my face as a child and now I remember why. It was peaceful...that is until some lady started to scream and I was shaken out of bed...who was here...on this island. It didn't make much sense.

The second I stepped out the door, an explosion knocked me off my feet and rocked the foundation of the house...

"Oh my gosh...Are you alright? I didn't mean to hurt anyone...I just--Oh god.."
 My head was spinning again...Was that Andria standing over me?

"Why...why does this keep happening. I swear...I'm gonna end up giving myself away!"
I watched the girl ramble on when a thought occurred to me...Andria had just cut her hair...so who was this girl...If it wasn't Andria who had been saving my rump...over and over again...then who?

"Who are you?" I just came out and said it. Nothing more...just "who are you?" She looked startled as she helped me up saying "You really don't recognize me?" She looked into the glass doors of the house and laughed...I'd heard that laugh before..."Just a baby.." she mumbled under her breath.

"Why would I recognize you? Who are you?" No answer again...just "Is Adam inside? Me and you need to talk privately...and fast."

 "No...he went out just awhile ago...who are you?"

"Give me just a few minutes and I'll explain..." she said, hopping up the front steps with perfect ease. "I'm not here to make nice. I'm not here to explain everything in full detail. I'm here to give you some much needed advice."

"I'm not taking it unless you tell me who you are!" I almost found myself screaming at this young lady who had something about her...that just seemed so...familiar.

"You'll listen to what I have to say, whether you like it or not!" Her voice got stern and I backed down and nodded.

"I'm your daughter...The only thing that I want to say to you is that if you let me get out of hand...It'll be impossible for you to ever control me. Just think about that. I've learned lessons that no girl my age should ever even know about. Just watch out." and as soon as the last words left her lips...she disappeared right in front of me...Just gone.

The swoosh of the wind, the clunk of something hitting hard on the ground...I had no clue what had just happened but I woke up alone in my bed...My head hurt and I was utterly confused when I realized...It was just a dream! Or was it...

16 comments:

  1. Oy vey... o.O Yeah. String us up and draw it out, why don't you. =P (Just kidding, you're awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do ;) I've always loved cliffhangers <3
      Oh you know I love you guys :) I wont keep you in suspense too long!

      Delete
  2. Now I'm in suspense....must know more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be in suspense for long ;) Answers are coming!

      Delete
  3. Me thinks that Della had a foreshadowing dream...Ande, Ande, Ande... can't wait to read more.

    Loved it.
    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look slightly like Ande....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa, she's such a dork XDDD
    Della pretends to be a lesbian, Adam pretended to be gay, so Ande, please be straight! :D
    Most girls are daddies girls, it's just in your challenge there daddies weren't around so they were always mummies children
    That whole explosion part where Ande become a adult all of a sudden then she warned you, that was odd and interesting, such a cliffhanger -.- I hate you, get your next post out AND QUICK. I need to knowwww! :P

    Liana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa is a dork XD But this is just how I portray her ;)
      Della...Adam...Ande XDDD Lets hope she's okay... XD
      Ande is an really big daddies girl :3 and you'll see that more later as well. Ande was bound to be a daddies girl, you know? the way that Adam didn't really want children?
      That's just me...odd and interesting ;) you know?
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete