Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gen 2-Chapter 10: Twice told, once lived

I stood in shock...Couldn't move...Adam grabbed onto my shoulders to keep me steady as Satania smirked at me from behind the couch before snapping her fingers and disappearing into thin air...Ande had climbed between my legs and had started to bawl...

"Oh my god...Mom...please wake up..." She moaned under me and I let out a sigh of relief. I wiped some of the blood off her face and started to cry. "Mom...thank god....what happened?" she shook her head and pointed to where Adam was standing in the middle of the room...a blank look on his face. "Della...you need to come see this."

I brushed my moms cheek and made sure she was sitting up before standing up and walking around the couch...Adam was feeling my dad's pulse and my heart stopped..."I-is he al-alive?"

 "Yes...thank god. His heartbeat is faint though...where is the wound...I wonder?" Adam felt around his sides and I went back over to my mom.

"Della...come help me get him up on the couch and then we can set up that bed for your mom..." We lifted him together and could see plainly that the blood was escaping from a gash in his chest that looked like it started in 5 different places.

"She used her finger nails...to tear his chest up...." I struggled with the words but they still came out pretty even. I moved to the closet and pulled the fold up bed out  as Adam started to bandage my dad's chest. My mom was so tiny and frail that I could pick her up...I carried her to the bed with tears streaming down my face. "I'm so sorry I let this happen to you..."

It wasn't an hour before the helicopter landed on the yard, the paramedics rushing in and carrying both of my parents away...telling me that extensive damage had been done to my fathers chest and my moms back...

I stood in the doorway of my house and watched them take away two of the most important people in my life and I wouldn't know what even happened until I was allowed to visit...which right now...I was not.

"There isn't any room in the copter but...We will call if anything happens...try to stay near a phone and don't do anything drastic. Everything will be okay." I nodded and the man left, jumping in the copter before it picked up and flew away.

Me and Adam spent the next hour in tears cleaning up the blood off the floor and fixing the furniture. As soon as everything was all clean and ready to live in again...I crashed into Adam's arms.

"They'll be alright...right?" I asked, pulling his arms around me. I wasn't surprised when he lifted his hand to my cheek and wiped away the tears that soaked my cheeks.

"We'll just have to wait and see..." 

The night passed quickly, with a few trips to the bathroom and unending back pain. Adam helped as much as he could, giving me a back massage until I fell asleep and stayed that way for longer than 3 minutes. I was soon woken by the phone in the living room ringing.

 "Mrs. Wriner-Langly?" A scruffy voice spoke from the phone. "Its Dr. Arbor over here in sunset valley. I was just calling to tell you that both of your parents are stable and soon to be on the road to recovery!"
 Joy leapt through my heart as I said "Oh good! Will you please tell them I said goodnight and that I'm very sorry..."

He gave a quick ok and then said before hanging up. "Your dad is one tough guy...he was hanging on by a thread and he's very lucky to be alive." I hung up and fell right back to sleep, peace overcoming and letting me go swiftly.

"It's showing Adam!" I said looking at my tiny baby bump.
"Tell me...what are you hoping for?" I said placing my hand over his and pulling it to my belly.
"Oh, you know that love girls."
"So, you want a boy?" I said watching his face as a tiny kick hit his hand.
"No, I want a girl." a smile spread over his face. "I can just tell that its a girl...I just know somehow..."
 "Well, start thinking of names for that girl because I want you to name her!"

****************** 

"Come on, darling. stay still and before you know it...You'll be doing this on your own!" She stared at him, unamused. "Ok Daddy. Pwease let me go."
 He let go of her sides and she sat there on her own just staring at him before jumping off and running away. He tried to grab her but she ran away laughing. "Andellia Iris Wriner. Get your skinny little but back to this toilet." He smacked his forehead and started after her.

I lounged on the couch, watching my husband chase my daughter around the room. The funniest thing was that Ande was actually ahead of him by...3 feet.
 I watch the news almost every night and when the lady reporter started to speak, I about threw something at the TV.

 "Everyone knows the Wriner family. Heck, they pretty much populate our cities. Anyway, Della Alex Wriner and her husband Jay were found in their daughters house in a complete wreck. We couldn't get a story from Della Eve or her husband Adam, so no one really knows if Della Eve does have something against her parents."

I hit the off button and threw the remote on the couch next to me. Not quite sure if my lack of sleep was causing me to see things, or the TV reporters really had it out for me. So I got up and made myself a chocolate coffee with whipped cream. I drank it almost in one sip and needed more.
 
As I was taking the walk to the coffee machine, Adam came up behind me and put his hands on my stomach.
 "You know," he whispered into my ear. "You absolutely glow when you're pregnant. I like that." He let go and went to the bathroom. A little mysterious smile resting on his lips as he blew a kiss to me and then shut the door. He was glowing as much as I was.

"The new neighbors have moved in." Adam called from the bathroom. "I'd like to go visit, what do you think?" I had to think about it for a minute. Our lovely island was inhabited by more than just us....It wasn't just ours anymore. But going to see them wouldn't hurt, so we piled in the car and took off straight away.

Walking up on the large yard, I was greeted by a beautiful little girl who was giggling and running through the yard. I said hello quickly before paying my attention back to the house. "Hai!" she barely said before I was gone. Maybe having more people here would be a good thing.

I wasn't very comfortable in this house with these people. Donna was nice enough but kept staring at my pregnant stomach and that didn't help the fact that her children picked on Ande. So we left after leaving them dinner. Adam just decided to leave our dishes with them. We'd pick them up later.

"Della, are you coming to bed?" Adam sat up and Ande was hovering on the foot of the bed. "You know, you'll regret it when that baby comes tomorrow." He cuddled into the sheets and sighed. Humming a small tune that suggested that if I don't get in bed, I'd get it from him later. He stopped when I shouted "ADAM! It's her..."

He came up behind me and gripped the back of the chair. "Satania.." he read out loud. "Daughter of Satan and heir of Hades. She targets one person and doesn't let up until she's sure that their life is hell..." He read on before stopping suddenly. "You mean...The Devil's daughter has got it out for us?"

"That's what it says..." I said, slamming down the lid of the laptop. "You know what? I wanna cuddle.." I looked up at him and grinned. "What do you say?" He smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me to the bed. He cuddled me until we fell asleep. At some point, Ande climbed up on the bed and between us. Gripping Adam's hand and cuddling up to him, pressed close to my body.

I woke up alone, the baby was kicking...hard. Pretty much saying "Get me outta here!" I hoped my body would listen soon. In wait, I wobbled into the kitchen where Adam was busy making hot dogs. "Want some?" he asked, glancing at me. I nodded, sitting at the table. The day was beautiful and I wanted to get outside because the room suddenly felt very hot....

Adam set the hot dog on the table and was going to sit down in the chair across from me. But I was confused and everything started spinning. Adam must have noticed because he dropped down to his knees next to me. "Della? are you alright?" The last thing I felt before the world went black was the feel of Adam's large, strong hand wrapped securely around me. I tried so hard to smile at the reassuring gesture, but all I could do in the end was let the world fade to nothingness.

****************Adam's story...2 days ago*************** 

So, this may be a little confusing to all of you. But I haven't had a chance to do a bit of this writing stuff so here I go. You guys all know me. Its Adam. Atomic bomb. Ace. Whatever you call me, I'm going to be telling this bit of story.

You all know Della's pregnant right? She just randomly asked me if we could have another baby. I actually...really didn't want any kids before Ande. And since Della already had 100 before we were married, I figured that she wouldn't either. Boy, was I wrong. No matter though because almost as soon as I saw my little girl...I wanted 100 of my own.

"You know, You absolutely glow when you're pregnant. I like that." The words always just come so naturally and as always, make her smile. She doesn't know how much I love seeing her smile... it doesn't hurt to be happy with something.

When I'm alone, I'm a bit different.
 Well, you wouldn't know that because you follow Della around all the time. When I was a teenager, I thought that I was in love with this bitchy girl from my class. She had me around her finger for the longest time. Seth and all my buddies had tried to tell me that she had been cheating. It took me catching her with another guy for me to finally get my head out of the clouds. I had already gotten her name tattooed on my arm and bought her a promise ring. I set the ring aside and had the tattoo removed but the memories were still there. After that, I hadn’t dated or even wanted to until I met Della. I’d never had someone pop into my life and before even knowing her…I found myself falling in love. But that’s a story to save for later.

 Oh, the things that pop into my head when I’m alone are just so random. It’s a matter of what is going on in my life at the time.

I’m just not even going to talk about visiting the new neighbors. Mainly because the visit didn’t go smoothly at all. Their children where rude and I could tell that Della was uncomfortable with the whole thing. Her being pregnant and that lady was staring the entire time. So, when we got home, I headed straight for the shower and she headed to our room.

Della spends a whole lot of time teaching Ande things. She’s been a mother for longer than I even know so I’m sure she knows how to teach a tot these things, the only thing I’m worried about is that Ande doesn’t always pay as much attention to Della as Della does to her.

“Are you coming to bed or will I have to drag you?” Annoyed, her excessive computer using was getting on my nerves more than ever. “You know, you’re going to regret this when that baby comes tomorrow.” I pulled the blankets up over my head and almost started to snore when she screamed at me “ADAM! ITS HER!” Startled, I jumped up and looked at the computer screen behind her, Reading off the screen.

The information didn’t surprise me much, it was very obvious that this woman who had so far banned us to a deserted island and almost killed Della’s parents was some kind of demon and now knew that it was true; we had to figure out a way to get rid of her.

I fell asleep with my world in my arms. Both Ande and Della were cuddled up to me, sleeping the night away. Little snores escaped the mouths of the two people that love the most. I played with Della's hair with one hand and Ande gripped onto my other. I woke up about 4 times that night, mainly just to watch them sleep.

Ande woke me up that morning with a breakfast request of hot dogs and chips. So, me being the awesome dad that I am, got up and made them for her. I left Della be so that she could get a few more hours of sleep. She'll be all rested up for that baby to come. I sat Ande up in her highchair and went to go create the perfect hotdogs. Because I tend to do that.

Della trudged out of out of the room while I was cooking up the hot dogs. "Hey Wriner, want a weiner?" I asked amidst a laugh. I know she'll paraphrase on here so under my breath I said "Weiner...Wriner...I gotta remember that one for later..." I brought her over her hotdog but she really didn't look to good. Her breath caught in her throat and she started to fall out of her chair...

"Della?" I frantically pulled her out of the chair and felt her forehead, she wasn't running a fever...she was ice cold and her skin was clammy, her pulse was fast but weak, and she was sweating bullets. I didn't know what to do...What was going on? I pulled her up into my arms and set her on the couch. I snatched out a book we had on the shelf full of remedies for sickness and stuff and moved quickly through the book, glancing up at Dells every few seconds.

"Shock...she's going into shock and I don't know what to do..." I told my mother on the phone, sitting next to the couch, sweating almost as much as Della was.

 "Is she conscious? Shock is caused by lack of blood flow, if you can get her on her back and lift her legs above her head, that should get the blood flowing back to her brain."

"Wait, Mom, she's pregnant. Lifting her legs above her head won't hurt the baby will it?" Each question moving past my lips faster than the next. "Adam! Have you checked if she's dilated any? She could be in labor." I slammed the phone down on the coffee table and lifted Della off the couch and moved her legs above her head and silently prayed that it would work.

I kept her that way for 10 minutes before she stopped sweating and her eyes flicked open. I told her not to ask anything until I got myself calmed down. She kept trying to speak to me but I was almost in shock myself-The physical kind of course- "ADAM I'M IN LABOR!" Was what I was brought back to reality to.

About 3 hours later, I was laying on the couch with Della sleeping in my arms and new born Eden Lavinie Wriner-Langly curled up in her lap. I couldn't sleep, too many things running through my head...Like if I hadn't been here to help...Della could have died. That's how fast a life can be snuffed out.

Ande walked up to the couch and took one look at Eden...Then gave me this heartbroken frown as if she was saying "Daddy...you betrayed me." I smiled weakly at her but she just turned around and toddled to her room.

I'd like to thank a brainstorming buddy for this post :) Amber Lights-Masons! She also wrote a snippit of this post and I'd like to thank her for that as well!

Thanks to all my readers and I hope you enjoyed <3

12 comments:

  1. :)
    That was amazing! Another girl!
    -Love Sierra
    PS- that cliffhanger was driving me insane! >:(
    I could murder you! Eh, it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
      YOU'D MISS ME TOO MUCH!

      Delete
  2. Uh oh, Ande's jealous, something tells me this is only the beginning of something even bigger lol
    I bet Eden will be just as beautiful as Ande and Della!(:
    Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you for commenting! I'm happy to have your imput on the whole Ande, Eden situation XD

      Delete
  3. WOW Amazing post!! So Glad Della is alright!!

    And Little Eden is cute :)
    I think I can see some sibling rivalry coming up!
    Great Post Della :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed!

      Eden gets cuter...Just wait.
      You're really good at predicting things

      Delete
  4. OOOH I think there may be some sibling rivarly starting. I can't wait.

    Loved it Dells and I am glad Della and Jay are okay.

    Hugs
    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just as good as him ^^^
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh I'm glad Della's parents are okay and so is Della and the baby. good thing Adam was there!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all fine...Adam is a lifesaver huh? <3

      Delete