Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gen 2-Chapter 11: It was nice knowing you

A little pair of boots clonked on the floor as Ande walked through the living room.
"Dad, I don't like them." She said pushing up her glasses, making a face and shoving the coffee table across the room with her foot. "And why can't Eden share my room?" Adam pulled the table back into place and threw the newspaper on the couch that was delivered from Bridgeport.

He picked her up and kissed her cheek. "I think you're beautiful...No matter what you have on your face or what your hair or clothes look like." I saw her lips purse beneath the hair that was falling over her face. "And...Eden would share a room with you if she wanted to...But she wants to be next to mommy." Ande gave a puppy dog lip. "But I want to spend time with her!"
"She's just a baby, you'll get to spend tons of time with her!" Adam sat her down on the heels of her boots and she started to clomp away just as fast as she entered.

 "Feisty." was the one word that passed my lips to describe what I had just seen. "You've raised that girl well." I said saluting Adam playfully as I picked the blonde little Eden up. "Why is it that your genes are so much more dominate then mine?"

 "It was the opposite in my family," he answered without even looking up. "So, it's just natural that Eden would have gampah Jancie's hair color and gammah Ronnie's eye color."
The usage of Ande's words had to have been the best part of what he just said. Of course, I'm glad that Eden is a mommies girl.

"Ande, it's time to come down..." I yelled up into her tree house. "Its time to eat and don't make me come up there to get you." She scoffed from above me. "Then come, ye dragon! You can not arrest me from my house." I shook my head and saw a pair of blue eyes pop out of the darkness. "The dragon watches with persistence...I must rid myself of this problem.."

She popped her out of the window and pulled out a bucket. "Dragons don't like water. I shall rid her with the stuff." She dumped the bucket and I was soaked from head to toe. "ANDE!" Adam came up behind me, a smile etched on his lips. "Your father is here to take you to dinner! Oh, the dragon is the queen in a costume!" Ande made a gasping sound. "Mother! was that you? Then the water should not hurt!"

She climbed out of the house and when she was about halfway down, she jumped onto Adam's shoulders. He held onto her and ran around the yard as she yelled "Gyddie up horsie!"

 "Okay, I gotta go get Eden up from her nap..." Adam said as he sat Ande down on the ground. "I'll be back, then we'll eat with the dragon over there." He winked and jogged off.

When Adam got back, I set out the picnic blanket and sat down. Adam sat Eden down and grabbed a plate. "Great hot dogs, Dells." He said, stuffing his face. Ande joined us a few minutes later and we all ate together in the hot sun...That is until Arley and Riley tromped on our yard.

"Hey, little girl." The boy called Arley called to Ande. "You should come hang out with us!" Riley finished for him. Ande looked up at me and Adam and we gave her a nod. She jumped up and ran their way...Excited to finally have a couple friends to play with...She had no clue how much trouble this pair really was...

************************* 

The sun was setting on a perfect day...Ande was out with her friends and I was laying near Eden in Adam's arms, staring at the stars. "My parents will be home tomorrow.." I said tiredly an I noticed Eden pick up a ladybug. I watched her play with it for a few minutes before she stuck it into her mouth. I jumped up and caught her before she swallowed it. "No, bebe! You can't eat bugs." I pulled it out of her mouth and threw it aside.

I picked up the little bug eater and took her inside with Adam on my heels. "I have to talk to you about something..." I said before going to change Eden into her little PJ's. Eden said "I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYONE MOMMY!" Before I sat her in her crib. I was satisfied...I had baby love back.

"Have you...maybe thought about homeschooling Ande?" I asked, picking at my my fingernails. "I want her to be social but is it that worth it?"

 "We want her to have a sturdy education! There are 6 new families moving into the houses I've built and they all have children. I think public school will be good for her...If you ask me, she's a little bit of an awkward child." I nodded in agreement, pausing to take a drink of my water and then starting again. "If it goes badly?"

 "Then we pull her out. Easy enough." Another nod of approval before I was startled by the sound of a little girl screeching her lungs off.

"Why would anyone want ugly green and black hair like yours!? I'm a natural blonde and its much better. Someday people are going to hate you for looking so ugly in those stupid glasses. That and you think you are good at dancing? I've known monkeys that have more grace then you." I heard Riley ripping into Ande and I rushed out into the front yard, yelling "YOU LITTLE BRAT! LEAVE HER ALONE." The blonde child looked at me with a smirk of satisfaction and turned on her heels to run away.

"I'm sorry about my sister..." Arley said before turning around to chase his sister. When he was halfway down the yard, he screamed "I think your hair and glasses are pretty.." and then continued down the road.

 I pulled Ande's hand into mine and walked her into the house. "Ande...I'm going to give you a big responsibility...from now on, you're going to be running mommies blog okay....I'm giving you everything you need. It's your turn to tell your story."
 She nodded with a tear in her eye, fighting a smile to keep face.

It's time for Ande's story...which means that Della will be in the background but she's still here...I hope you guys liked generation 2 because now its time for generation 3 and everything is going to get a little crazy. Hope you stick with me.  And now...it's time for Della to say goodbye.

18 comments:

  1. Ande..is so grown up. You flew threw this generation, like literally. And I'm still on one xD You run laps around me, dude.

    Once again.. not the BRAT -_- stupid little girl. And Eden, trying to eat a ladybug...that's my girl! :')

    and homeschooling. COME ON IT WILL BE FUN XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ande is a piece of work. Not your average child, if you ask me. Quite the feisty little devil. I didn't go as fast as I did last time ._. It only took me 6 months to do my first challenge.

      You knew what was coming when you saw them XD Ahhh It'll be okay, Ande is a strong girl, no doubt she'll be kicking dust in Riley's face.
      You suggested that XD Dork.

      No. I don't think I will homeschool her XD

      Delete
  2. I can understand the reasons for wanting to but please please please don't homeschool that girl, I was homeschooled....don't homeschool her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say how much I loved the story, as always, and I'm looking forward to Ande taking over the writing. Bye Bye D.E.W lol.

      Delete
    2. I don't actually plan on homeschooling Ande...but I do need a back up plan if the school I'm working on doesn't work XD

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you liked it, I hope you enjoy Ande's generation. It'll be fun.

      Delete
  3. DDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Okay I'm done. I can't wait to hear Ande's story. Great transition post my friend.


    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll miss writing sometimes, so she'll be back. You know, taking over the POV.
      I can't wait to TELL Ande's story...Its going to be fun. Thanks for the comment and Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. YAY!!! Now it is Ande's time to shine! Also, Eden turned out beautiful. And that boy that was Ande's age I have a feeling about him just not sure what yet! Another great post!!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ande will be the perfect heiress <3 She's just so sweet but at the same time, sassy. I can't wait to get on with her story and let all of you see her as I do!
      Eden is very pretty but not the nicest little girl in the world...You just wait!
      Arley...He's a sweetie pie. His sister is nothing like him at all.

      Delete
  5. YAY YAY YAY!!! Cannot wait for Generation 3!!!
    Seriously great chapter and I REALLY can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're so excited! Thank you for reading and for commenting <3

      Delete
  6. Awwh I wanted Eden to be generation 3. But Ande will do fine n.n I have all faith in her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure you'll take that back when the time comes. Ande is my bebe, I wouldn't trade her for anything. Eden is a little...different. You'll see.

      Delete
  7. Arww Little Ande:3
    I don't like little blondie over there, but her brother seems like a cutie pie, future challenge father maybe? :p
    So excited for Gen 3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :3 Ande is ready for her close up! Hehe. I just love the little turd so much...I don't care for Riley either...she's not very nice but her brother is adorable <3
      I'm glad you're excited! Thank you for the comment :D

      Delete
  8. Eden is adellable GAH!
    Ande is horrible to Della, aw. I just hope when she grows up, she'll see that she's her mummy.
    I love how when Ande was getting picked on, Della went out there ready to yell her lungs out at the bully girl, Ande saw that her mummy loves her then! And it's now changing to Gen 3, omg! I remember Gen 1!:o
    Have fun Ande, make sure to mention your family so we know how they are. I'll look forward to see how you cope, dear. i'm positive you'll do fine with all the people around you with great support :)

    Aunty Li :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!
      Ande doesn't mean to be horrible to Della, it just comes naturally with her :/
      Della loves Ande so much, but she just gets so tired of her attitude.
      I'M SO EXCITED FOR GEN 3!! EEK :)
      Ande will be with her parents for a long time so we'll still hear from them <3
      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete