Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gen 3- When life gives you lemons...

"Explain to me exactly what happened?" Grandma sat on her balcony, simply listening. That's what I like best about her, she lets me speak...And never interrupts. I let out a large sigh, trying to let all my feelings come out but being me...it's almost a little too hard. "I thought Arley was my friend..." I started, putting my hand up to my hair. "But when I went outside, they all attacked me. It was horrible...When they were done t-they dragged me into the bathroom..." I shook my head, dropping my hand and bowing my head. "They tried to get all of the green out of my hair on their own, to make me 'Normal' But nothing can make me normal."

Grandma patted the seat next to her and waited for me to sit. She stayed silent until she was sure that I wasn't going to say anything more.

"I remember dealing with bullies...My mom was a bully. She didn't do anything like this to me, but I can tell you that I know how you're feeling." I wiped my eyes and looked up at her.

"So I'm not the only one?" She nodded, rubbing my back soothingly. "Have you talked to your parents yet?"

"No..." I knew that this was coming, keeping in the clear of my parents was my main goal for the day...But I'm sure they found that nasty picture that Riley made me write on. I didn't want them to see that...
"Why don't we go over there?" She said picking up my hand and standing up, pulling me with her. I guess this was what was gonna happen anyway.

"Adam...where is she? We've looked everywhere!"

"We'll find her...Don't worry. She's probably just venting,"

"What if you're wrong? What if she's in trouble? I knew those kids were no good!" I heard my mom cry from where I was standing behind the door...I looked up at grandma and she nodded. I pushed the door open and closed my eyes.

Immediately, I felt a pair of arms around me. I kept my eyes sealed shut as my dad joined my mom in the hug. I didn't know what to say and neither did they so my grandma started... "She came to my house this morning...Just wanted to talk." Mom let go when I opened my eyes and Dad sat on his knees, playing with my hair. "You know...You could have just asked if you wanted a haircut,"

Grandma shot him a warning look and I was asked to go to my room. Naturally, I would be the one kicked out of a conversation about me. I went straight to my room without a second word because I figured I was already in enough trouble for staying out all night. I sat up on my bed, sleepily but not tired enough to try to sleep.

It finally came over me but I was soon woken up by someone clambering clumsily around my room. "Mom?" I asked sitting up, but I didn't see my mom...I saw a woman who...looked just like me. She looked up at me, frightened. I had frightened her? How did she get in here? "Who are you?" I asked, climbing down the ladder.

"Ande, you don't even have to ask that." She said, continuing her rummaging around my room. "I'm you...Just older. You'll see, someday." I watched the older me sift through things.
"Are you looking for something?" I felt timid, as if standing in front of an older me should scare me...She shook her head.

"Just one thing...Mom is your friend. Treat her well." She pulled a book close to her chest and added "Oh, and don't let those big ol' bullies pick on you. You're much stronger than they are." with that, she disappeared right in front of me...Left me gaping. As soon as she was gone...I climbed up to my bed, convinced that it was a dream and I was going insane.

I was woken with a jolt, my dad was carrying me to his room so that I could sleep in his bed. I didn't understand but I didn't care when he laid me down and tucked me in, saying "I love you, sweetie." and kissing my forehead before closing the door slowly and joining my mom outside. I kept my ears open but my eyes closed.

"She's fast asleep..." I heard my dad whisper over Eden's giggling. "Your dad brought in the new bed and the paint..."

"Do you think she'll like it?" My mom asked, tenseness overtaking her voice.

 "I think so. She's had a tough time...She deserves a surprise."

heard at least 5 people moving around the room, and then aunty Nessa started to talk. "Tell me again what happened?" I heard the old sofa creaking as she sat down on it. "Bullies were picking on her.." Grandma said quickly while opening the door to let grandpa in with what sounded like something heavy. Another voice that I didn't recognize started to speak, a high pitched voice and when mom said "Li, could you get the pie out of the oven?" I knew that it was the aunty Liana that mom always talks to on the internet.

The bustling and moving around didn't bother me, I like the sound of people, It makes me feel less alone than I already do. I heard my door creek open and I'm almost sure that they were redoing my room. But I couldn't make assumptions just yet. They could be adding on a room for Eden, their wonder child. The one who never gets in trouble or is too pretty to be picked on. But then again, she is just a toddler.

The bedroom door cracked open and I saw a bright pair of eyes peek through the door and then a bit of pink/red hair falling over her shoulders. Then, behind Liana came two people that I knew very well...Of course, Vanessa, Kalyn and Liana were raiding my peacefulness. I pretended to be asleep when Liana crashed next to me while 2 more people were joining in. Dawn and Frella followed afterwards. "Wake up, Ande!" Vanessa cried, shaking me to a point that I couldn't keep my eyes closed.

"Why are you sleeping in here when you could be in your room?" Aunt Kalyn added, pointing to my room. "You know, you have some pretty awesome parents for doing that for you!"

"Doing what?" I yawned, pulling the blanket over my head to block out the blinding light. "YOU HAVE TO COME LOOK TO FIND OUT!" They all squealed at once, I could combust right around now and I wouldn't even mind. Oh how I hate being the center of everyone's attention. But I was dragged to my room anyway and about cried in the process...

I had never seen something that screamed ANDE as much as this room does...The walls were black with white spiral decoration and the rug on the floor matched perfectly...Along with the bedspread and everything else sitting around the room. It was a room for a teenager. So, imagine my confusion when I looked up at mom and she just smiled and pushed me forward into the room.

"Why'd you do this?" I asked, fighting hard to keep my feelings towards my mother bottled up by biting my lip. I want to show her that I'm grateful...I want to show her that I love her and that I'm sorry for treating her the way I have...But I don't know how. I've been so locked up inside myself that even showing the slightest compassion for my mother was harder than anything I've ever done. But I tried, so hard that it almost hurt. And a simple hug and a "Thank you!" Was just enough for her.

I looked around the room and wondered what their minds were focused on while decorating this room...They took every component of everything that ever made me happy and put it all in one place. My mom left the room and I looked around, alone and in this beautiful room...It, to me was almost like heaven. Besides the thought that school starts for me tomorrow...I was perfectly happy.

I climbed onto the bed and was encased in perfectness...The covers were silk and made me feel amazing. I fell straight to sleep and dreamed forever about what would happen tomorrow...at my very first day of school. I, Ande Langly...am scared.

 ********************************





When the morning rolled around, I pushed myself up on my bed as the sun peeked under the door and slid all over the floor. I looked all around the room, pulling myself out of my bed and stepping on the cool floor.

About 10 minutes later, I was dressed, ready for school, and talked to by my mom about "Being nice to the other kids, even if they pick on you."

 My dad sat up to the table with me, watching me. "When you come home, we'll do something together." I stared at him. "What kind of something?"
"Oh, something."

I heard my mom yell at me from where she was waiting outside to take me to school...Here we go...I'm ready to rumbah.
Mom dropped me off at the foot of the stairs with a quick hug, goodbye, and "I love you sweetie!" and I was off, slinking up the stairs with my eyes on my feet...Hoping for a good day.
But, not paying attention to whats in front of you is never really a good idea...I soon found myself facing the back of a girl my age wearing a hat. Great...its time to find out if I'll ever have any friends in this place.

The girl whipped around and stared at me, a blank but scared look on her face when she said, just loud enough for me to hear "Don't hurt me." I raised my eyebrow and stepped just a tiny bit closer, holding out my hand and saying "I'm Ande. I won't hurt you."
Reluctantly she grabbed my hand and shook it once "Aphrodite." She let go and looked me up and down, when I noticed a short lock of purple hair falling down her forehead.

"What color is your hair?" I asked, pushing my hand into my pocket and honestly feeling bad for this girl...I knew her position though...she reached to her hat, pulling it down, her eyes widening to the size of saucers. "Why do you care?" the scared expression she had on her face kinda broke my heart a little..."I'm guessing that you've met Riley too?" She nodded...I bit my lip and continued trying to converse with this girl..."What do you say we walk to class together?"

"Good morning kids!" The 5th grade teacher (Who happens to be Riley's mom) said, writing her name on the board. "I'm Mrs. Goodman. I know that summer is really close so this will be a very short school year but we might as well get started..." I heard people snickering from behind where Aphrodite and I were sitting.

"Looks like the two freaks have made friends with each other." Riley sneered to Jessica.

"They can't help it...Dorks attract!"

Another round of snickering broke out, but I held my head high and pulled through the best I could...Aphrodite on the other hand...didn't take it quite as well...Tears started to form in her eyes as Riley came in again.

"Who knew that purple and green could look so gross together."

The room was silent and Mrs. Goodman just watched...Seeing just how terrible her own daughter is.

I know that bullying is a very touchy subject...but fact is, there is nothing funny about it. Bullies can cause kids and teenagers to do some pretty drastic things to themselves and it is real. Take bullying seriously people...it needs to stop NOW.

Thanks for reading...please leave your feedback and I hope you enjoyed :)

25 comments:

  1. *flips table*
    gjkdkgklbkkshkdshkdsjhkdjshkdsjhdkshjdskjhsd
    i want to chase after Riley. With a sword. and stick it up her ass. sfkjakg
    Aphrodite seems nice. ^_^ She kind of looks familiar, though... ;DD <3
    I love Ande's room!
    kgdkgdsk
    Also, did you change the theme? I like it. :3

    And I finally figured out how to comment on here. I'm REALLY intelligent. xDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Catches table before it hits the floor* calm down Anner.
      What do you say I let your simself shove a sword up Riley's ass? Would you be happy? ^_^
      Aphrodite is nice, but very shy...And yes XD Familiar to you for certian reasons that only your fan girls would be able to figure out XD
      Ande's room was thrown together in just a few minutes XD So, I don't see why everyone loves it so much XDDD
      Yes, I changed it but I'm not liking it as much as I should. Hmm...

      Yay XD Now you can share your thoughts on my post *Flips table* XD

      Delete
  2. WOW Great post, Your right it does need to stop and I just feel sorry for Ande :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I'm glad to bring awareness to this growing problem. If it doesn't stop...Then people are going to get hurt.
      I feel bad for Ande too...But she is a big girl.

      Delete
  3. I HATE BULLIES.
    This post was so cute, Ande does love her mummy, she just thought that mummy loved Eden more, she doesn't Ande she loves you both the same :D
    I came to visit youuuu! Did you like meeting your aunty Li? aka "the one my mum always talks to on the internet" xD
    I like how older Ande come to visit you!
    And your room, it's amazing, when Liana (me) was younger, I wish I would've had a room like that and a mum like that too, mine's awful, but it's okay, I have my friends :D
    Ignore Riley, she probably smells like poo and is just jealous of how naturally pretty you are!
    I'm sure you and Aphrodite can be great friends and think about it, I was different at school with my red and pink hair which was unnatural, so if you need to talk, you can always feel free to talk to Aunty Li (Hey that rhymed xDDD)
    Riley and all the rest of the bullies need a high five.. in the face.. with a chair and table! But don't do that you'll get in trouble, just imagine doing that to her, muhahaha. I shouldn't tell you these things i'll get in trouble with your mummy, grown ups are silly right? ;)

    Always here for you, All your Aunty's and your grandma and mummy and daddy, everyone.
    Aunty Liana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it too...That's one of the reasons that I'm bringing awareness to it on my blog here.
      Of course Ande loves her momma...She's just not very eager to share her feelings with anyone..And I can understand that.
      Of course she loved meeting her aunty Li! I mean...she's one of her moms best friends ;) I LOVE YOU LIANA!
      Older Ande shows up more and more soon..You'll see!
      *Ande* <3 I wish I could give you my room aunty Li...You'd probably like that a lot <3 I can't wait to get to know her just a bit more. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who has had trouble with this stupid hair problem..Dumb bullies...always kicking us when we're down.
      Maybe I should give her a high five...with a chair...in the face...
      Maybe later ;) When getting in trouble is less likely...Grown ups sure are silly aunt Liana *Giggles*

      <3 I love you aunty Li...thank you for being there for me.

      Delete
  4. Awesome post! I would shove Riley and the rest of the bullies off the empire state building for being soo mean.

    Kristine Bell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris <3 Maybe I should build the empire state builting then, huh? ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh hell no! DIE RILEY DIE!

    Ps. Aprodithe (don't know if is spelled that right) I love you! You and Ande will be great friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MWAHAHAHAHA DIEEE!

      You were close :) Aphrodite and Ande will be GREAT friends ^_^ They may even get into some trouble together

      Delete
  6. (I'm doing this comments in character as Addy :D )
    Oh Ande,I feel for you, really. I was picked on a lot as a kid too (both Addy and in RL, I'm a big girl)people heard the last name Woodrow and assumed I was a super snob because my families a legacy. I also understand what it's like to be so distant from your mom, my mother tried her best but she was,well,distant.I also wanted to say that I LOVE your hair, a lot of people in my family have green in their hair to and it sometimes makes me wish I did, I once even colored my hair black and green and it looked just like yours :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have been commenting as their characters lately :) I like it...Anyway.

      Thank you so much Addy :c I'm glad you can understand how I'm feeling...People can be so mean. Especially girls my age. And you don't ever judge a book by its cover :'(
      My mom loves Eden way more than she loves me so I don't even see why she cares if I like her not. It seems that now she has Eden...she doesn't need me anymore.
      Thank you <3 I'm glad someone likes my hair...I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

      Ande

      Delete
  7. Like Addy, I'm writing this comment as Skye. Or Bridget, depending.

    Wow. Ande...

    You're so strong to be able to cope with those girls. I know when I was younger I went through a lot thanks to my parents, and I'm hoping you can learn to get past the barrier and love your mother, because she is a wonderful woman who I am proud to call my friend.

    You may not know it, but she does love you, with every piece of her heart she can love you with. So don't think she doesn't.


    -Skye Louise Everard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye....you have no idea how much this comment means to me. Thank you <3 I'm not strong...I'm stubborn. I will not let those little girls run my life. I will be stronger no matter how hard I have to try. I will concur.
      My parents just don't understand me as much as I wish they could...I just want someone who knows who I'm going through. Maybe you could explain that to my mom for me?
      I know she loves me but I just can't seem to understand why she loves Eden so much more...

      Thanks for talking to me Skye <3

      Ande

      Delete
  8. Ande, if you need any funny coloured hair kids as back up, call Saph's kids. They love their hair colour and will be your friend and defend you against all bullies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could send a couple of them over to my house? I need a little bit of support when it comes to Riley. I love my hair color too and won't let those bullies make me change anything about myself again. Thank you for the support <3

      Ande

      Delete
  9. Gah! Where is my chainsaw?! Come here kids, Nessa wants to show you what blood looks like >:) I love you, Ande! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hid it in the shed behind the shovels ;)
      Can I help? ^_^

      I love you too, aunty Ness!

      Delete
  10. That bullying needs to stop NOW!! I feel bad that Ande has to go through this, but I'm glad she made a new friend.I also like how her room looks!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does...I'm trying to bring awareness of this problem and how big it really is...People may not realize it but bullying does things to kids that even they don't understand.
      The only reason Ande is going through this is because I'm going through this and I figure that putting it here is the best way to bring awareness to it.
      Thank you <3

      Delete
  11. BULLYING... GRRR That's heart breaking. On the other hand her room is awesome!!! <3 you babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...:( Ande is strong enough to take it though...Aphrodite on the other hand...needs a friend like Ande to help. Good thing she found one <3
      I'm glad that you like her room ^_^ I threw it together in about 5 minutes soo....

      <3 you back ^_^

      Delete
  12. oh wow. Good topic to touch on. I like the way you have done this Della. On to the next.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ash. Things like this should be brought into the light. It happens way too much.

      Delete
  13. WOW!!!!! RILEY IS SUCH A......A......NEVER MIND.

    ReplyDelete