Saturday, May 5, 2012

Gen 3- Not as easy as it seems, now is it?

Dear Diary...First day as a teenager...Its exciting but scary at the same time. Knowing that soon I'll be sent back to school where Riley is bound to have aged up as well. The only thing I'm really excited for is getting to do more in dance class. I have an idea on how to avoid confrontation my entire teenage life. Its called ignore and walk away. Its as easy as it sounds. Someone I don't like talks rudely to me...I can just ignore and walk away. Simple and easy.

Not as easy, though, is the fact that no matter how hard I try to ignore some people, they can always get to me. Take Eden for example.

"Ande, will you come help me with Eden?" mom ruined the steady flow of thoughts that was running from my mind to my page and now I was huffing while pushing myself off the floor and onto my feet. An unsteady tromp to my door and I pushed it open to be attacked by a tiny blonde girl saying "ANDE! MOM SAYS TO MAKE ME LUNCH!" Made me wonder if I was this annoying as a child.

It took more than a few minutes to shake her off of me because she was clinging, winning this battle. "Dad."
I rolled my eyes, grabbing at her arm that was still stuck onto my leg. "DAD!"

"Say you'll make my lunch and I'll let go."

"What if I don't want to make your lunch?"

"Too bad!" I pulled her to the kitchen and continued trying to shake her off. "I'll make your stupid lunch...Just let go!" she released and tumbled to the floor. I put my foot on the middle of her chest and pushed her away from me. "Don't. Just don't." I clenched my teeth and fixed my hair. She sat up Indian style and smirked at me. "I want...A sandwich and some soup."

"Someday, people are going to really hate you." I said before turning to the fridge and pulling it open. Grabbing what she wanted and sticking it in the microwave.
"I'll probably still be better liked then you. You and your stupid, ugly hair." My dad rounded the corner right as her sandwich flew into her face. Guess who was the one who got in trouble? Yup. Me.

I escaped just in time, the only thing I heard was my dad yelling at me to come back. I raced down the yard and onto the road that lead me straight to Aph's house. I hadn't seen her since yesterday and if you ask me, that's too long to be without your best friend.

"Aph, its me." I said, knocking on the door. She opened it quickly and let me in. "Aunt Jose is here, change quickly." I nodded and pulled the tightly bundled clothes that she was holding out for me out of her hands and sprinted to the bathroom. I changed into the cut off green shirt and short shorts quickly before avoiding Jose and heading back outside where Aph was waiting for me.

"Thanks for doing that for me..." I started, she just nodded and continued walking through the front yard. I wondered what the heck was going on with her before she pressed her finger to her lips and I saw Jose bobbing through the garden. I kept my voice down until we were far away from both of our houses.

 "So, why won't your parents let you wear what you want to?"

"Eh, they say that a girl looks more ladylike in beige shorts and jackets." I sighed, "I get where they're coming from but I'm my own person and wearing that longer than I have to...Ew."

"Have you seen Riley lurking about?" I asked on our walk down to the beach.

"She hasn't been anywhere since her mom found out she was picking on us. I find that stupidly funny considering she's the ALL KNOWING AND ALL POWERFUL RILEY." Aph made this gesture with her hands that made me giggle, like Aph tends to do.

We crashed on our lawn chairs with cans of coke. The sun was beaming on our faces and the water crashed against the shore reminding me that life here was boring and obsolete. I wish that I lived somewhere normal with normal people who don't have to be little bitches to get what they want.

"What do you think Sunset valley is like?" Aph asked, reading my mind. She tends to do this sometimes, throwing me completely off guard.

"I've seen pictures, its not as pretty as our island. BUT there are all sorts of things...we don't even have an athletic team."

"Maybe we should make one?"

 "You and your ideas."

"What should we name it?" She asked with a laugh on her lips. "If Riley was on it, we could call it the whores" Coke flew out my nose as I burst into another round of laughter. Aphrodite was a genius in disguise.

It may not be a school day but today was one of the days that our ballet class scheduled to get together to discuss the "Recital" coming up in about 15 days. It was like a musical only without speaking and without singing, we would tell the story with dancing. We took this one day to figure out who would play who.

"Alright, I'm not picking favorites, especially since my niece is one of you," Jose winked at Aph and she looked over at me. Riley stared at us, obviously jealous at how good of friends we've become and because of course, we both turned out way prettier then she ever will be.

"We're doing something called the dance of the fireflies, Ande, it might sound familiar because your dad wrote it. BUT its the only 4 person ballet I could find and it truly is beautiful."

Riley once again looked over at me and Aph, whispering to each other about nothing. We were really just trying to make her think that we had one over on her. We did.

 "Ande, you'll be the black fairy. Aphrodite you'll be the white fairy. Riley will be the firefly princess and I'll be the eldest fairy. Now that that's settled, let me show you the routine."

 She tiptoed to the middle of the floor and started gracefully jumping around using the many moves that she's taught us. She ended with a quick bow and then looked at me.

"Ande, that was the black fairy. You can do that right?"

I nodded. "Of course I can!"

 "Thought so..."

She started again, doing the white fairy this time instead to show Aphrodite what she would have to do, the moves were less complicated but still hard looking. Jose did them with such skill and perfection that I was actually staring wide eyed at how beautiful she looked.

She quickly went through all the parts before assigning outfits to each of us so that we could try them on before the recital came up and she said it would come up quickly. I walked out of the bathroom in this full black skirt getup and black tights.

"That fits you perfect, Ande!" Aph giggled while pouncing out of the bathroom in her own matching white outfit. I, of course, was quite skeptical of this whole puffy skirt thing. Would I even be able to dance in this? I wasn't sure but Jose seemed to be.

Riley's green and yellow outfit was just gross. Worse then my puffy skirt and even worse then the outfit my mom likes me to wear. I didn't say anything to Aph about this though, she already knew what I was thinking.

It was late when I finally got home, my mom and dad were...as always...cuddling on the couch and Eden was no where in sight.
his, of course, meant that she was messing in my room.

"Nice to see you today." my mom said sarcastically when I tried to avoid talking with almost everything that I had. Before entering my room, however, I looked at her straight in the eye and said

"If you made it easier for me to be here, maybe you would see me more often."

And slammed the door behind me, only to find that Eden was laying on my bed with my diary folded open in front of her and my TV on my recorded shows...The first thing I thought was "Crap. She's gonna tell mom."

 "What are you doing in here?" I asked, trying at least to keep my cool near mom and dad. But this was slowly getting out of hand.
The smile etched on her face didn't move an inch. "'Even though mom and dad don't like it, I never really wear the clothes that they give me to wear.' Wow, Ande. That sounds a bit bad, don't you think? Mom will if she ever saw this."

"Put my diary up, you little brat." I pulled the book out of her hand but realized that the page she had been reading from wasn't in the book, it was ripped out and folded up in her hand. She gave me the look that only a true demon could pull off and lunged off the bed and out the door yelling "Mom! Ande's not following rules!" She threw the piece of paper into mom's lap and she pulled it open and started to read.

Busted.

18 comments:

  1. Eden, I thought you were an angel! I thought wrong -.-
    I understand Ande so much now, I don't know why! But I think Eden's being bratty, it needs to stop.
    Your hair isn't ugly! It's great!
    Teehee, I like how you threw a sandwich at Eden's face but then ran away to Aph's house.
    You two are great dancers! Don't you forget it. I think you'll make great black/white fairies :)
    Eden, you're lucky your not made to wear those clothes. Clothes are something that express your personality and Ande's clothes, well.. they just don't. I'm sorry if you think that's naughty of me. And don't go through her diary D< THAT'S PERSONAL djht8hwhishw938rwh Eden -.-
    And she grassed on you (told on you) how immature of that child. I'm here for you, Ande :D

    Aunty Li

    P.S. Be good Eden, Aunty Li wants to see good Eden next time I visit, we clear? Thought so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think that everyone thought that Eden would be the perfect child. But NOOOOO she's the brat.
      I'm glad you understand Ande a little better. That's kinda what I want to go on :)
      Eden is a brat but its probably because she's a blonde. Jk, Jk :3
      Ande loves her uniqueness even though people don't seem to like it.
      Oh yes. I love throwing dry foods at my little sister, it should be a sport.
      Aww thank you :3 I can't wait to show off everything that I can do in dance class ^_^
      Eden would have to wear them as well, Ande ruined that though by breaking rules. Funny, I think that Eden would have lovedthat XD
      I agree! Ande's personality cannot be shown in those ugly tan clothes. Its simply impossible.
      She doesn't care if its personal! It just means that she always has one over on Ande...ADKLFJADLKFJA;DKLFJ
      Grassed XD Funny word

      Delete
  2. Well I'm glad Ande got out those close that ahe was wearing in the beginning. Man and I thought Eden would kind of be nice but no she isn't. Gosh I hope Ande doesn't get in trouble!! Plus her and Aphrodite grew up pretty.

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe :3 I'm glad you liked the post! And no. Eden is a little brat and she gets even worse....
      Of course she'll get in trouble. She's Ande. Trouble should be like second nature to her by now.

      Delete
    2. WORSE!!!! How can she possibly get even worse!!

      ~Zoe~

      Delete
  3. Eden >___>
    Why are you so adorable but such a brat? >__>
    Ande <__<
    Why you so pretty? <__<
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Eden xDD
    And a strange feeling Eden and Riley would make an evil dream team xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eden will NEVER be better than Ande and that's a fact. No matter how stubborn Ande can be, Eden will always be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS HUNTER SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure why I didn't comment sooner BUT honestly there is nothing I can say that's not said above... :) I love your blog I can't wait to see where this all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh Oh ! :O Hope Ande gets through this ok !

    ReplyDelete