Thursday, June 30, 2016

New town, new life

 There isn't much in Sunset Valley. But I don't mind it, my family is here. Especially my little Hazel. She's growing so much every day, and above everything else, she truly resembles Spencer in almost every way. However, her personality is the spitting image of yours truly.

 I laid my sweetheart down to bed with a kiss. Hazel gave a small whine but eventually her eyes started to flutter as I sang to her.
"Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are..."
She yawned
"Up above the wold so high, like a diamond in the sky."
"Love you, mama" were the words that escaped out of my little wonder before she drifted off.


 Meanwhile, in the kitchen my mother slaved over the oven for a good hour, making sure that our first night in their new house was perfect. I told her that she shouldn't worry about us and that I could just heat up something in the microwave. She seemed taken aback by my unselfishness. I understand, I've spent most of my life taking advantage of my mom. In my newly found graciousness to my parents, I vowed to myself that I wouldn't fight with them and that I would do my very best to help make this house their home.

 "Dad, will you tell me something about myself when I was a kid?"
"Like what?"
"Well, it's just that I can't remember my hobbies...what I liked to do. I want to make something of myself eventually."
"Ande, you spent your entire childhood dreaming about being a dancer. You were good too, I used to tear up watching you."
"I did dance once...I couldn't imagine doing something like that now. After back surgery and everything, I think that would be hard to get back into."
"Well, I know you Ande," My dad mused. "You could honestly do whatever you set your mind to."
"Thanks dad.." I trailed off, wishing there was some way I could prove him right.


When Eden and my mom sat down, I felt a slight bit awkward. These three have been together through everything. Eden is the only one of my parents children that stayed with them through thick and thin. I have walked out on my parents not once, but twice. First when I ran away from home at the age of 17, and then again when I left the island to make a new life for myself with Spencer. I was hoping this time I could finally make amends with the terrible things that I have done to my family.

"Mom? Would it be alright with you if I took over making family meals? That way you can focus on other things?" I voiced this question after only a little bit of thought. I had figured that being home all the time would really take a toll on me, especially with nothing else to do. Planning and cooking meals would really give me something to think about.
"Sure Ande, it'll give you a project." Mom smiled through her bites of salad. "I want to start thinking about a garden anyway, so I'll let you take over feeding us fatties." I laughed while my dad scoffed, "If you're cooking, you're in charge of dishes too." He gave his opinion. "That way I get your mom for a little longer."




"If there isn't anything else, I think Hazel and I are going to sit down for a little while with her lessons." I was tired. It had been a very long day, with leaving everything behind and going to a town that I had never seen before...My parents were so gracious though. They wanted to make everything easier for us and that was the thing I was most appreciative of. Both of them were my rocks and I don't know how I can ever repay them....

Besides by raising their granddaughter to be a kind, wonderful woman.

3 comments:

  1. No te puedes imaginar la alegría que me da volverte a ver 😍😀😊
    Quería preguntarte si aún guardas todos tus sims para poner en descarga ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is not what I was expecting to see when I logged on to my blogger account on a whim. It's making me so happy to read something here again, especially now that I'm thinking of coming back as well. I really like where you're going with this, and I look forward to future posts. :)

    Also, congrats on being married and stuff! I'm happy things are working out alright for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye! Thank you! It's really good to see someone I know here. You really should come back, I'm short on reading material ;)
      Thank you again, it's been a long hard road but looking pretty smooth from here on out. It really is good to hear from you!

      Delete